Friday, July 1, 2011

Atta Boy!

How do you reward yourself for a job well done?  I have been thinking about this a lot lately because I, like most people, like to reward myself after I feel like I have accomplished something.  The problem with this is that I have the habit of rewarding myself with food (obviously).  Problem #2 is that the reward system has gone kind of down hill.  It was getting to the point where I felt I needed props for things like: Getting out of bed before 7 or cleaning the house.  Pretty sure that those are what I signed on for when I decided to be a stay at home mom.  How often does your boss reward you when you show up on time for work? Ya, that's what I thought.  And Hanna's reward's tend to come in a smelly diaper change (someone really needs to explain what a "present" really is to this child).

So how do you change your mindset on what is reward worthy and what is not?  I have had to re-evaluate my goals lately and I think the only solution is that you get something when you make something.  I want to celebrate the small things (like a 2.8 pound loss) but I want the actual goal to stand out.  This week I lost sight and rewarded my weight loss with sushi.  I know your thinking that wasn't that bad, but I'm pretty sure Japanese Mayo isn't fat-free:(

Here is my dilemma.  What do I reward myself with that won't break my bank, be food related, and will still keep me motivated?  I'm open for suggestions!

I've gotten a little off track the last couple of days since my weigh in and I need to re-focus.  Today my goal is to track everything I eat with my etools on Weight Watchers.com.  I also  need to eat consistently and not have HOURS in between each meal.  I have a packed day so I will go into it with a positive can-do attitude and do the best that I can do.  I am also hopefully doing some swimming  so some activity points might be earned!

Q's
How do you reward yourself?


What kind of things do you reward yourself for?

2 comments:

  1. I reward myself with a shower when I work out- If I don't work out I don't get a shower. Sometimes I wont shower for like 3 days- I know gross- but it finally motivates me to work out. I did it to lose weight with max and james!! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good one April! I hate not showering, that might work for me.

    ReplyDelete