Sunday, July 3, 2011

Recouping Sunday

Today should be a lazy day.  A great time to get Hanna caught up on sleep by actually taking naps that do not involve a car seat.

It is also a good time to get back on track.  Sunday is a family day for me.  I stay home and spend time with the people I love.  I also eat at home all day long, so this is the perfect time to track my food and get myself back on track.  Maybe I can come up with a plan of attack for the rest of my week, I mean, I WILL come up with a plan to stay on track for the next week.

Things I will stick to this week:

1.  I will go to my weigh in on Wednesday no matter how unsure I feel about losing.  You have to take the good with the bad.  Right now I don't think I've gained, but my days have been lacking any structure so I never know.

2.  I will drink at least 3 Nalgenes of water a day. That's 96 ounces. I have heard (please tell me if you know this to be true)  that you should drink half of your weight in ounces of water a day.  Really that would mean I should be drinking around 140 oz's a day.  That's like FIVE Nalgenes!  I've been carting my water bottle  everywhere and still seem to only be able to drink 2 (at home I drink like 4).  Suggestions?

3. Opt for fruit.  I LOVE July, it seems like all fruits are in season.  Especially watermelons and cantaloupes.  I'm pretty sure I've ate melon everyday this last week.

4. Hold the bun.  There will be a lot of barbecuing going on this next week and so I will be picky about my meat products and I won't eat the bun to save on calories.  I have a bit of a wheat allergy so I have to be careful about the kinds of bread I eat.  I should probably be more careful about this, I think it would help the weight come off.  I'm just not ready to cut it out yet.

5. Salad, Salad, & more Salad.  Green is good.  My family always has green salad at cook outs and so I will load up on the greens.

6.  Walk it off.  The other great thing about this time of year is festival's!  Utah has one of the best 4th of July celebrations around so I will be doing a lot of walking to get some activity points in.

7.  Quit worrying & enjoy time with family.  Most importantly I will enjoy spending time with my immediate and extended family.  This is one of the only times of year that I get to see most of my extended family and so food should really be the last thing on my mind.

There are my goals for the next week.  Initially I was going to do 10 but 7 seemed to be the perfect amount.  I don't want to set any strict unattainable goals on a holiday week. That is just a set up for failure.

Happy Fourth of July peep's!

Q's
What are your plans for the 4th?


How much water do you usually drink in a day?

2 comments:

  1. Carrie . . . I lost 38lbs. 7 years ago, and have managed to keep it off. I think it's harder to maintain than to lose - because you don't have that excitement anymore like when you lose. Here are a few things that I've done that have helped me. I drink about 5 liters of water a day. That's 166.5 oz. Crazy, I know! But . . . I just can't seem to quit :) (Fast Sunday's are killer for me - not because of the food, but because of the water. I carry around a water bottle - everywhere I go - and it has a straw. I have to drink from a straw to be able to do it. I used to be a Pepsi drinker (not diet) and I quit that about 8 1/2 years ago (I replacede it with water). I drank so much - but always through a straw (lots of refills every day). So, to me, the straw was the key. If I had to drink from a cup, or from a regular water bottle, I could never do it.
    Usually in the summer time - there is so much fruit around - that I eat A LOT. I try and use fruit as my dessert whenever possible. I was told once if you eat 4 pieces of fruit a day it will help your sugar cravings. I believe it. Oh, and the green salad . . . YUMMMMMY! Good choice :) I always "hold the bun" on hamburgers too. I actually get my hamburger pattie, and then put everything else on it like I would if there were a bun, like catsup, tomato, pickles, lettuce (no cheese) etc. and then eat it with a fork like any other piece of meat. You'll never miss the bun if you do it that way.
    I weigh myself every day - first thing in the AM without anything on :) That way I have to face every decision I made the day before. I also log it into a book every day. I leave it in my closet where my husband can see it too. It makes me feel more accountable that way. I really think that has been a key thing for me too. . . and I log in my exercise for the day. I do the treadmill - walking uphill at a 10 incline at 3.3 for an hour 4-5 days a week. I burn 711 cal - 222 fat cal - go 3.33 miles and 13.3 laps. Bet you can't tell that I like numbers. It's a workout for me. I decided when I first started, that I needed something I could do long term, and I felt that walking was it. There are so many other things to do but they seem to cause a lot of injury. Walking doesn't usually cause injury. Also . . . the older I get . . . my body still agrees with walking, and should agree the rest of my life. I can't imagine an 80 year old woman out for a long run (however there probably are a few). Anyway . . . those are some suggestions from me.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie I am loving your blog! I think you are doing a fantabulous job!! I agree you should also enjoy your family! How I drink more water...because I'm not the best at it...I drop a couple of slices of lemon, or oranges, or cucumber slices in my cup and keep refilling it with water. There's something about the flavor that helps me drink more. Also, you could do herbal tea. I have also tried Mio...drops that you put into water and I really like that too. Plain water gets boring after awhile! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete