Sweat it out:
30 minute Elliptical Intervals
30 minute weights Biceps/Triceps
Look who finally made it to the gym today! This morning Hanna slept in until 8:00 so I decided to go to the gym before her morning nap instead of after. The hub's went with me which is nice because I like to have a buddy when I'm lifting weights. I love to be able to go to the gym before I eat in the morning. I work out so much better on an empty stomach.
Few things I hate when you haven't been to the gym in a while:
1. I don't have the drive nor the stamina to do my regular routine. 30 minutes on the elliptical seemed like forever and was all I could handle.
2. I hate that there are mirrors everywhere, and you can't escape your sweaty unattractive image.
3. I am hungry ALL DAY LONG afterwards. Especially if I lift weights.
Few things I love about the gym when you haven't been in a while:
2. I'm taking a shower for a reason and not just cause that's what you do everyday.
3. I love to feel stiff the next day.
I can't help but feel tested when I go to the gym. I know its where I should be, but when I see myself in the mirror it doesn't match the image in my head. And its frustrating.
I remember reading something about girls with disordered eating. They put a piece of paper up on the wall and had them trace what they thought they looked like on the paper. They always drew themselves bigger than they were.
I have the opposite image in my head. If I was to trace a picture I would make it much smaller than what I am in reality. I think the reason that I have been in denial about my weight is because in my head I am thin and fit. Does anybody else have that issue?
It doesn't help that the full length mirror that is in my bedroom is one of those "thin" mirror's where the image looks thinner than it is.
Anyway, I've been hungry all day and resisting the urge to eat has been tough. Therefore, this day needs to end already.
Did you workout Today?
Are you way more hungry after a good workout than on rest days?