Thursday, July 7, 2011

Health or Vanity?

I recently had a conversation with someone where again, a light bulb turned on over my head.  How many people out there are losing weight for health reason's, and how many for vanity?  I'm not going to lie, I would really love to fit into cute little dresses and feel more "put together" than, "this fits, I don't feel very pretty, but it fits".  I would love to look in the mirror and think about how "sassy my high heals make me look" and not, "I look like fat girl wearing sassy heals".

I feel that my main reason for wanting to lose weight is for health reason's.  In my very own opinion I could care less about being "thin" and having people think of me as "thin".  I want to look healthy, and toned.  But most of all I want to FEEL the feeling that healthy is.

I remember the feeling I use to get after a good run, I have dreams of it (weird, right?).  My lungs moving in and out, it rushes oxygen to ever space in my body.  Then the dream gets kind of crazy and I start jumping really high (I know, nothing to do with it).  Finally I have the let down that its a dream and wake up.  

There will always be a little part of me that wants to look in the mirror and see a svelte stunner in a little black dress, but I will not lose sight of the "healthy" overall goal I have.

Why do you do it?  Health or Vanity?



No comments:

Post a Comment