Tuesday, July 12, 2011

ARGH!

What a frustrating day this has been!  Last night Hanna cried for 5 hours straight and wouldn't sleep until I finally put her in my bed.  I think she has another ear infection. Needless to say, I started off the day going on almost no sleep.

Secondly, I called to make an Optometrist appointment so that we could have Hanna's clogged tear duct looked at.  Come to find that in order for us to get it unclogged she has to have SURGERY!  Like, real live surgery with a general anesthetic and everything.  As if its not bad enough that my poor 8 month baby has to go under, but it will cost over $2500 to have the procedure done.  All due at the time of surgery.  I feel like its just one thing after another.

I'm driving home going past Carl's Junior, Wendy's, McDonald's and other fast food restaurants feeling hopeless and that I just can't catch break.  I wanted to eat.  I wanted to drown the days sorrows in a milkshake and fries.  Wouldn't that just make it all go away?  No.  And that's the issue.  Instead of going through a drive-thru I came home and had a healthy eating binge, and calculated everything I ate into my points.  I have no points left for the day, but I did feel a little better.

I have always questioned the reason I eat.  I never thought about connecting the dots between eating and my emotional state.  I have come to terms with the fact that apparently, I am a stress eater.  When I feel a lot of stress I figure "one more thing like food couldn't make any of this worse".  Wrong.  It's amazing the things you can find out about yourself when you take a step back and ask a question like "why".  Sheesh, I guess one more thing to work on.

Weigh in days have changed to Thursdays so that I can take Hanna to the Mommy and me Weight Watchers meeting.  That means I have an extra day to try and salvage the last week of vacation eating.

Still trying to find two new recipes to make this week.  The only problem is that I don't want to make something that I have none of the ingredients for.  The search is on.....

Do you have an easy healthy recipe that you'd like to share?


How do you handle your stress?
I would go to the gym if my child would quit being sick!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie!
    I am so sorry to hear about little Hanna needing surgery. I can't even imagine how stressful that news was. Good for you for not stopping at one of those fast food joints! I probably would have caved and stuffed my face with a burger and fries!

    I'm not sure how old Hanna is but, my daughter was constantly sick between months 8 and 11. I thought I was going to loose my mind and I missed a ton of work. Hang in there, it got better for us right around 11 months! :)I hope it gets better for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sucks about Hanna! Poor baby! It sounds like you had a break through about your eating though, which is great! I have a ton of recipes if you want to try one. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete