Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Every Other Week Seven Day Vacation......

Don't get to excited, I don't really get a week long vacation every other week, but sometimes it feels like it.

This is the site I get to see every other Monday when my husband starts his days off:


Luckily, I have been blessed with a husband that turns off the video games when I ask him to, and got headphones when we had our baby so he wouldn't wake her up with the sound of gun shots. He is a keeper!

My husband is a sub-contracted Water Plant Operator. On the weeks that he works, thats all he does is work. 12 hours a day, with a total of a 2 1/2 hour commute. But, luckily he works 7 on and 7 off so every other week I get to enjoy 7 whole days off with my hub's (that is if he doesn't get called into work, which happens more often than not).

The down side to this schedule is that every other week is like a vacation for our little fam. we tend to go out to eat at least 4 times, and my schedule goes out the window.

Yesterday, we prepared to eat at home the entire week. We went to the grocery store and got plenty of lunch time food so that we would not be tempted to go to any of our favorite lunch spots. We are trying to plan some activities that take us out of the house and keep us active. We are learning to enjoy going to the gym together. The saddest part is that it is the closest thing we have to date night.

Last night, we tried Habanero Monterey Jack Chicken Sausage. It was delish!


I topped mine with saurkraut and mustard, and made a caesar salad. Initially, my hub's had been looking at brat's which have a load of fat and calories. Then we discovered these chicken sausages which only have 120 calories and 6 grams of fat. I forwent the bun, my body has a hard time with bread so I try to keep it to bagel thins only. I didn't miss it.

I am off to the Colorado Monument to do a little hiking and exploring (pictures to follow).

Q's
Have you ever tried chicken sausage? What do you think?
Never had until last night. Love it.

What activity are you going to be doing today besides the gym?
Free Day at the Colorado Monument, ya buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment